Sunday, January 5, 2014

flight information


We recently got the information about the flights to and from Thailand.  Kids, don't think that this is going to be 2 easy days that you are in school & I am not.  I'll be flying or in an airport the whole time!

We fly out of Logan on Thursday morning at 6:50am.  Anytime you fly internationally you should arrive at the airport about 3 hours early.  Yep, that puts me at the airport around 4am!  Luckily I live only a 15 minute ride from the airport so I'll take a cab there - leaving my place at 3:30am.

After about a 3 hour flight to Chicago, we have 2 hour layover in Chicago.  We have about a 13.5 hour flight to Japan, a 1.5 hour layover in Tokyo, then a 7+ hour flight to Bangkok.  We will have been traveling for about 29 hours if my calculations are correct.   Whoa!  Good thing I sleep well on planes.  When we arrive in Bangkok it will be around 11:30pm so by the time we get to the hotel & settled in, it will be time to go to sleep.  

The flight home will be about a 17 hour flight from Bangkok to San Francisco, a 5+ hour layover in San Francisco, then a 5.5 hour flight to Boston.  I will arrive in Boston at 11pm (if there are no delays) on Saturday night.  I will need Sunday to try to re-acclimate to our time zone! There is a 12 hour time difference between Boston & Thailand.  When it is lunch time on that first Monday back at school, my body will think it is midnight!  


No comments:

Post a Comment